NFL Preseason Hall of Fame Game 2015
This line opened favoring the Steelers by 1 point and the early money on the Vikings has moved this line to now favor the Vikings by 2.5 points with the total currently pegged at 34.5. As of Saturday night, (August 8 at 8:20 pm Pacific Time,) the Vikings are -3.5 -101 with the total at 34.5 at -108 if you like the under and -102 if you're inclined to bet the over. If you want to flat bet the Steelers you can get +4 at -118.
With Adrian Peterson returning to the Vikings as well as the addition of WR Mike Wallace via a trade with the Dolphins, big things are expected out of Minnesota this year. Don't expect to see much of Peterson in the preseason even though he hardly played last season due to his suspension. Quarterback Teddy Bridgewater begins his second season under center and much is expected. Bridgewater attempted 402 passes completing 259 for a success rate of 64.4% totaling 2,919 yards. He tossed 14 touchdowns vs. 12 picks. On the ground he amassed 209 yards on 47 rushes and didn't not lose a fumble.
Of the two teams playing in Sunday night’s Hall of Fame game I would have to say that Pittsburgh’s fan base would have the edge over Minnesota fan base. The distance to Canton for Steelers fans is less than a two hours drive at (105 miles,) while Viking fans have to journey 800 miles.
View from the 50 Yard line
- Mike Tomlin was a preseason money maker when he stated his head coaching career at 14–7 ATS but recently he’s been a bankroll burner going 2–9–1 ATS with those two covers vs. the Bills. Tomlin is also 12-21 or 12-20-1 to the under depending on your total on one of the games.
- When reviewing totals for the past three preseason’s under Tomlin the Steelers are 4–8 to the under including 1–7 to the under the past two seasons.
- In his first season as head coach Mike Zimmer was 4–0 straight up and 3–1 ATS and they were 1–3 to the under.
- The Steelers will have Roethlisberger, Brad Gradkowski, Landry Jones and Tajh Boyd.
- I understand that Peterson missed all but one game last season but I still do not see him playing more than two or three series. After Bridgewater leaves it will be Shaun Hills turn and perhaps Mike Kafka.
- If this total was at 33 or lower I would bite on the over and at 37 or greater I would grab the under, so the total is in an area where I would not flat bet the over or under. As for the side, with a line movement of 4.5 points I cannot in good conscience take the Vikings.
- I played a 2 team 6.5 point teaser investing $100.00 to win $83.33 taking the Steelers at +10 to the under at 41.5.